Gingrich: The Agenda
Renewing America: The Gingrich Agenda
Newt has laid out a very specific agenda for restoring America. Moreover, he has the practical experience and knowledge to implement it, and the vision to campaign in the general election with an eye towards getting the needed majorities in Congress. For the youth or for those with a short memory you can go here to read about Newt’s Credentials.
Because now is when record matters. Not just the record of votes, which is often a meaningless toll of positions taken for political purposes on bills that were always going to pass anyway or were never going to pass, but a record of ‘actions taken’ that actually mattered. A record of actions that actually matter.
No candidate in the race can match Gingrich’s career advocating and achieving national conservative reforms in government. He gave us the three most important victories of the 90’s Welfare Reform, Balanced Budget and Reduced Taxes. And, he gave us the first Republican majority in 40 years, the Contract with America and completed 2/3rds of his agenda while in office. Lets also not forget 4.2%.
He now has a new plan for America and with what is likely to become a Congressional Super Majority and a Senate Majority, if not Super Majority, I believe he will absolutely accomplish his agenda. Yes. Newt has an agenda. In fact, you can propose new parts to that agenda directly. His agenda is both Executive Order-driven and Legislative.
As President, with a stroke of a pen, on DAY ONE, Newt would:
1. Eliminate the thirty-nine White House “Czar” positions created during the current administration. The president does not have the authority to appoint bureaucrats to power who are not accountable to the Congress.
2. “Mexico City Policy” of Respect for Life. Reauthorize President Ronald Reagan’s policy – also known as the “Mexico City Policy”— to stop tax payer dollars from being used to fund or promote abortions in foreign countries.
3. Restore conscience clause protections for Healthcare Workers. No American working in a medical environment should be forced to perform any procedure that he or she finds morally or ethically objectionable based on religious teaching. This protection should include, but not be limited to abortion. Existing conscience clause protections need to be strengthened.
4. Respect Each Sovereign Nation’s Choice of its Capital. Each sovereign nation, under international law and custom, may designate its own Capital. Accordingly, the U.S. State Department should be instructed to respect the choice of each sovereign nation and place the American embassy in their Capital. (Israel is the only country the United States discriminates against in this regard. The people of Israel have designated Jerusalem as their capital. Yet the United States retains its embassy in Tel Aviv.)
5. End the Attorney General’s Assault on the States. Instruct the Attorney General to withdraw all immigration-related lawsuits against states immediately, including those pending in Arizona and South Carolina. The Obama Administration refuses to enforce federal immigration laws, and instead sues states who are merely trying to enforce the laws that the federal government neglects. The Gingrich Administration will secure the border by Jan. 1, 2014 by any means necessary.
6. The Keystone Pipeline. Unleash American Energy by Approving the Keystone XL Pipeline. Instruct the State Department to approve a Presidential Permit immediately for the Keystone XL pipeline, a project that will send 700,000 barrels of oil a day from Great Plains and Southwestern states to Gulf Coast refineries lower staggering energy prices, and create up to 120,000 American jobs.
7. The Drill Here Drill Now Pay Less Executive Order. To help protect national security and further American economic interests, it is the policy of the Federal Government to responsibly develop domestic energy supplies, including those on Federal lands, in order to reduce American reliance on imported energy supplies, reduce energy costs, create jobs and strengthen the American economy. Read the Executive Order here.
Now we get into the details of an inclusive agenda that brings the people (you and me), through their representatives, into process. The TEA Party and conservatives are going to have a majority in both houses. Let’s elect an Executive who will absolutely fulfill the promise of our ideals.
1. Repeal Obamacare and pass a replacement that saves lives and money by empowering patients and doctors, not bureaucrats and politicians.
2. Return to robust job creation with a bold set of tax cuts and regulatory reforms that will free American entrepreneurs to invest and hire, as well as by reforming the Federal Reserve and creating a training requirement for extended federal unemployment benefits to encourage work and improve the quality of our workforce.
3. Unleash America’s full energy production potential in oil, natural gas, coal, biofuels, wind, nuclear oil shale and more, creating jobs, stimulating a sustainable manufacturing boom, lowering gasoline and other energy prices, increasing government revenues, and bolstering national security.
4. Save Medicare and Social Security by giving Americans more choices and tools to live longer, healthier lives with greater financial independence.
5. Balance the federal budget by freeing job-creators to grow the economy, reforming entitlements, and implementing waste cutting and productivity improvement systems such as Lean Six Sigma to eliminate waste and fraud. Pass a balanced budget amendment to keep it balanced.
6. Control the border by January 1, 2014 and establish English as the official language of government; reform the legal visa system, and make it much easier to deport criminals and gang members while making it easier for law abiding visitors to come to the US.
7. Revitalize our national security system to meet 21st century threats by restructuring and adequately funding our security agencies to function within a grand strategy for victory over those who seek to kill us or limit American power.
8. Maximize the speed and impact of medical breakthroughs by removing unnecessary obstacles that block new treatments from reaching patients and emphasizing research spending towards urgent national priorities, like brain science with its impact on Alzheimer’s, autism, Parkinson’s, mental health and other conditions knowledge of the brain will help solve.
9. Restore the proper role of the judicial branch by using the clearly delineated powers available to the president and Congress to correct, limit, or replace judges who violate the Constitution.
10. Enforce the Tenth Amendment by starting an orderly transfer of power and responsibility from the federal government back “to the states, respectively, or to the people,” as the Constitution requires. Over the next year, state and local officials and citizens will be asked to identify the areas which can be transferred back home.
Newt Gingrich has once again identified what is important to us now, at this time, and described how we can get there with our representative majorities. He has done it before and he can do it again. Newt is the right leader to renew America. A nation so traumatized by weak leadership and propaganda needs a warrior with a bold agenda. Gingrich is that man.
If you nominate Gingrich, you’ll get a ticket to the fight of the century. We need to elect Newt Gingrich to the Presidency of the United States. Our future is at stake. No other candidate has an AGENDA for restoring America. Not Obama. Not Romney. Not Santorum. Their only AGENDA is to ‘BE PRESIDENT’.