50 Bullets: The Rubio-Schumer Scam
Bullets: The Rubio-Schumer Scam
The bill makes America less safe, not more.
The Gang of Eight Immigration bill is constructed to deceive the public. Not only is the bill a national security risk it simply smells Obamacare Part Deux. Seemingly good slogans are thrown around from the same people who brought you the Obamacare nightmare; but this time add-in four cafeteria Republicans. One being Marco Rubio.
As PJ Media points out, the bill is a cocktail of lawlessness, executive discretion, and legalistic trickery crafted by the organized, open-borders left. The bill and Rubio provides tough talking points – border security, background checks, and more. But hidden next to those talking points are off-switches that bureaucrats can flip to satisfy the leftist open-borders constituencies who wrote the bill.
The language of the bill doesn’t come close to what Rubio says. Practically every Rubio claim is empty. The comprehensive effects from chain migration alone will bury the Republic. The bill establishes a New Americans Task Force charged with ensuring that federal programs “adequately address” the healthcare, education, and job training needs of new immigrants (Sec. 2524).
Besides halting deportations for 2.5 years during the amnesty process, the bill ties the hands of front-line immigration officers and border agents, as if they were the lawless characters, and places the border officers under the thumb of the Justice Department; Office of Civil Rights (Sec. 1111, 1112, 1113).
Once illegals gain provisional legal status, which is immediately, they’ll qualify for in-state tuition rates at public colleges, a subsidy funded by taxpayers (Sec. 2245D(d)). And even worse for fiscal conservatives, virtually all funding is classified “emergency” under the Statutory ‘Pay As You Go Act’ of 2010. Spending on food stamps, Head Start, housing subsidies, other benefits will expand unlimited.
Rubio’s scheme would add an additional 33 million permanent workers via amnesty and future immigration in the first decade alone. Thirty three million is the equivalent of the top 20 most populated cities in the US. And, Sen. Sessions has uncovered a slick loophole that provides illegal aliens with guaranteed access to all welfare and entitlement programs. All this is what the media is not telling you.
But the Rubio-Schumer con-game has no end. Rubio says illegals will have to ‘get in line’. Guess what? The line is 19 years long. To clear it in ten years requires doubling the number of legal immigrants. And under the Gang of Eight plan, the number of H1-B visas expand more than two-fold. Today, the US brings in 1.2 million ‘legal immigrants’ per year; more than rest of the world combined.
The Bill is huge, complex and progressive. It is designed to serve politicians. And like Obamacare, the bill is not the way it is being advertised. According to a Heritage study, the Rubio-Schumer amnesty price tag is $6.3 trillion and that does not analyze the entire Immigration bill, just the amnesty portion. Oh, and Rubio’s scheme calls for: a national biometric database on all adult Americans.
But, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. And, Rubio-Schumer have shown none. Zero. Advertised as a comprehensive reform to secure the border and strengthen the immigration laws before allowing legalization. It does neither. It weakens the border and it is instant Amnesty. The bill makes America less safe, not more.
Rubio’s Amnesty scheme: [S. 744]
- will COST Taxpayers $6.3 Trillion, just for amnesty; via Heritage. [Note]
- June’s CBO report: Senate S.744 bill allows 46 million immigrants by 2033. CBO.
- contrary to Rubio’s rhetoric, his no-welfare claim doesn’t hold up to scrutiny.
- illegal aliens won’t have to pay back taxes to the US (page 68).
- allows illegal aliens to access state & local welfare benefits immediately.
- calls for a national biometric database on all adult Americans.
- requires every American to obtain a National ID card to work legally in the U.S.
- grants amnesty simply after submitting a security ‘trigger’ ‘PLAN’.
- same chain migration provisions extended to family outside US at DHS discretion.
- DREAM fast-track amnesty with NO age cap allows citizenship in five years.
- over 400 waivers, exceptions, and exclusions. Enormous power grab by DHS.
- grants amnesty to criminals and gang members. Criminal ‘catch & release’ easier.
- makes legal immigrants eligible for subsidized Obamacare upon arrival. Costly.
- $150 million SLUSH FUND for kickbacks to groups who wrote; promoted bill.
- border agents put under thumb of DOJ; Office of Civil Rights (Sec. 1111,1112, 1113).
- prohibits border officers apprehending alien who “appear eligible” for legalization (69-70).
- guts state laws prohibiting employment of illegal aliens. Anti-Arizona crowd; Rubio.
- requires taxpayers to foot the bill for illegals to fight deportation.
- on page 496, the bill explicitly ‘preempts’ states from enforcing immigration laws.
- does not require Amnestied illegal aliens to learn English; Or even ‘de facto’ English.
- provides protection for illegal identity thieves, but no restitution for victims.
- amnestied aliens who stole American identities given new SS # and clean slate.
- allows aliens, lobbies to sue US government for amnesty (page 75). Lawyer prize.
- employers who aided fraud by accepting bogus ID’s, SS #’s won’t face penalty.
- Families of elderly parents now living outside US, eligible for fed benefits in 10 yrs.
- deportations are suspended for everyone here; bill invites deported to come back.
- allows aliens who have been deported to return and get legalization (pages 61-66).
- makes application’s secret; never be used by DHS for deportation (page 118).
- ostensibly halts all deportations for 2.5 yrs. Subject to sole discretion of DHS.
- no fence. The plan only calls for DHS Secretary to “establish fence strategy”.
- gives secretary of DHS the sole power to certify if the borders is secure.
- provisions in bill show that 66% of Southern border will be unprotected.
- Requires only 3 of 9 southern border sectors to have 90% apprehension rate.
- no biometric exit-entry system as currently required by law. Watered-down provisions.
- “community organizers” educate immigrants on citizenship & American principles.
- no DHS requirement to interview applicants for legalization (pg 105). Rubber-stamp.
- no gov’t documents or background checks required to identify new immigrants.
- discourages DHS from deporting aliens even if denied legalization. (Sec. 245B-3-A)
- prohibits alien deportation until after appeals are exhausted years into future (page 73).
- eligible for legalization even if found by court a phony asylum application filed (page 66).
- puts drastic limitations on “profiling” on employer side and law enforcement side.
- Rubio’s proclaimed Border Commission is only glorified DHS advisory committee.
- easy pathway to get asylum. Eliminates 1-year window for asylum (page 551).
- grants tremendous political power to the Mexican gov’t, Left groups and La Razza.
- every form of enforcement promised was promised in 1986, 1990, 1996 immigration acts.
- E-verify & watered-down visa tracking system are not implemented for TEN years.
- replaces E-verify with unspecified verification system not available for years (p. 503)
- adds addt’l 33M permanent workers via amnesty, future immigration in 10 yrs. Graph.
- special-interest provisions, favors connected agribiz special interests, not small farms.
- requires immigration officers help aliens apply; advertise legalization program (page 93).
- opens door for class action lawsuits; judges appoint taxpayer-funded council (p. 567).
- H1-B visas prioritized, expanded. Emphasis importing non-skilled, cheaper labor.
- Flashback: Democrats force U.S. taxpayers to fund illegal alien welfare.
- video will enlighten anyone regarding unethical conduct of immigration attorneys.
- detailed summary of flawed provisions in the Rubio-Schumer bill.
- read the fine print in the Immigration Bill. Summary.
- read five myths about the Senate Amnestied Immigration Bill.
- list of rejected amendments that would have improved S.744.
- top 40 reasons to oppose the Gang of Eight amnesty bill — S. 744
This bill has no guarantee of enforcement. The Rubio-Schumer scheme is a national security risk. The bill makes America less safe, not more. Just listen to this ICE agent in Senate testimony. Imagine, if you will, a bill that legalizes 30 million illegal aliens, and only 0.01% were terrorists, that would be 3,000 terrorists. Rubio’s amnesty scheme serves as a magnet for more illegal aliens because enforcement provisions are ‘fake’
Nearly every form of enforcement promised in this bill was also promised in the 1986, 1990, and 1996 Immigration Acts. But, Rubio’s deceit circus marches on, now promoting a ‘fake’ 2X border fencing security amendment. Note to Marco. Your fake amendment is already law, mandated seven  years ago, in The Secure Fence Act of 2006. Lastly, those hardest hit by the Rubio-Schumer amnesty scheme will continue to be those who want to be admitted legally – as well as – the US taxpayers.
For a full report about Rubio and his ‘messaging’ deception, go here.
Call your Senators. Marco Rubio D.C. phone number -> Phone: 202-224-3041