The Rubio Deception
The Rubio Deception: Truth v Lies
The Immigration bill is constructed to deceive the public. And, does a good job of creating the false illusion of greater security. But Rubio’s claim of enforcement ‘triggers’ is a dishonest argument. His amnesty scheme is chock full of deception with many behind the scene maneuvers all designed to obfuscate truth. The bill makes America less safe, not more.
Rubio’s scheme allows illegal aliens to be legalized immediately. All at a huge cost to the US taxpayer [Note] and sovereignty of our nation. Like Obamacare, the legislation was crafted behind closed doors with pro-amnesty lobbyists, unions, immigration lawyers, and Progressive groups like La Raza and AFL-CIO representing illegal aliens. Groups that stand to make millions from this legislation.
The Gang of Eight prohibited anyone with a significantly different opinion on immigration reform from providing input. Law enforcement: border sheriffs, interior sheriffs, deputies and immigration agents, and the ICE Union President were all locked out of discussions.
The ‘de facto’ leader of the Gang of Eight and public face of immigration reform in the Senate leading the charge in convincing conservatives and TV and radio talking heads that Obama’s second-to-be signature achievement is both bipartisan and good for America; Marco Rubio. Every gang needs a leader.
Rubio’s Amnesty scheme is Obamacare Part Deux. Seemingly sexy slogans. Rubio is a smooth talker. Watch this video as he shims and shams. Like Obamacare, it’s all or nothing; several bills tied into one. The Bill is huge, complex and progressive. It is designed to serve politicians. Rubio makes many false claims, illusionary promises, cons and lies. This speech exemplifies Rubio’s deception.
Rubio’s “media offensive” con tour starts by trying to sell the idea his bill won’t give amnesty when, in fact, it is instant Amnesty. The term “Comprehensive Immigration Reform” (“CIR”) is a euphemism for an illegal alien amnesty and S.744, the 1,076-page bill he helped write rips up the Constitution for a falsely-framed EARNESTY RAINBOW. And, anyone who supports amnesty is NOT conservative.
To understand Rubio, you have to understand his Chief of Staff; a man by the name of Cesar Conda. Who is Cesar Conda? He’s a pro-amnesty immigration lawyer, who once worked as a DC lobbyist for the Association of Immigration Lawyers [video], mutual friend and close associate of fellow amnesty pusher Grover Norquist, who together have carried out their three-decade long Amnesty Jihad. Like Norquist, the amnesty pushers on the left like Cesar Conda.
Norquist, a corporate lobbyist and co-founder of the Islamic Institute, has had ties to CAIR, radical Islam, known terrorist financiers and unsavory relationships with Muslim activist for years. This video warrants particular scrutiny of Norquist, who actively promotes and advances the Islamic agenda. These are Norquist’s bedfellows; it’s why he actively petitioned support for the “Ground Zero Mosque” and it’s why he is very active in “Muslim outreach.”
Norquist is on the Advisory Board of The Hispanic Leadership Fund, member of the Council on Foreign Relations [CFR], Founder of Americans for Tax Reform [ATR] and good pal of felon Jack Abramoff and GOP stooge Karl Rove whose Crossroads GPS group has been a major donor to Norquist’s fund. Secret emails exclusively obtained by Breitbart News show the libertarian Cato Institute, Norquist’s ATR, and Rubio colluding on immigration reform “messaging” after the Boston Marathon bombing.
And, then there is Norquist’s lobbying on behalf of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Norquist’s primary interest in DC is Norquist. For his part, he is hitting the media trail attempting to combat what he calls the “bitter enders” who oppose the bill by trying to counteract the effect of “a handful of radio talk-show hosts who talk loudly.” Also assisting Rubio, Conda and Norquist in their Amnesty scheme is the Southern Poverty Law Center [SPLC], a Soros-backed group. SPLC’s history.
Cesar Conda sat on the Editorial Advisory Board with George Soros of the publication, The International Economy Magazine. He also actively worked to promote and advance Judge Sotomayor’s nomination. Conda was a lobbyist for the powerhouse private prisons GEO Group who supported open borders and government money for incarcerated illegal aliens. He also lobbied for the US Chamber of Commerce, who supports the Gang of Eight Amnesty bill. His paw prints also extend to the expensive bank bailouts, something Rubio claims he was against.
Conda is a domestic policy wonk. His government experience runs deep. In fact, Conda has weaved and bobbed between so many roles in Washington he was included in Roll Call’s “Fabulous Fifty” list of top congressional aides. He undertook policy roles spanning the 1996 Dole-Kemp to Mitt Romney’s 2008 Presidential Campaigns. Both Conda and Norquist worked together to destroy prop 187 in California in the 1990’s.
But, what also sets Rubio’s office apart is Cesar Conda’s supposed continued ties, major abuse of power, and financial relationship with his lobbying firm, Navigators Global. Navigators clients included GlaxoSmithKline, AT&T, Visa and Citigroup, which got $45 billion under the bank bailout. Rubio’s ties to K-Street are extensive. His deputy chief of staff, Sally Canfield, is a former lobbyist for Sanofi-Aventis, a French drug company.
And, from 1997 to 2005 Rubio himself, was a lobbyist. Consider what one of his most vocal critics said about him here, which likely put a halt to Romney selecting Rubio as VP candidate. Consider: City commissioner, lawyer, lobbyist, one-time GOP Party of Florida American Express card holder, top-echelon House leader and, ultimately, House Speaker, oh and Jeb Bush water boy. Florida is a politically corrupt state. From 2000 to 2010, there were 781 federal convictions on corruption charges. That’s an average of one every five days for 10 straight years.
Like Conda, Rubio has amnesty as a core belief. He is John McCain with an ‘accent'; and without a military record of crashing planes. His past record is relevant. And, all you have to do is look at history. This page provides history of the efforts of Floridians to enact immigration enforcement legislation in the 2008 Florida Legislative Session. The result was that legislation was thwarted, at the time, by House Speaker Marco Rubio.
Rubio stalled and “blocked” all immigration enforcement bills in Florida stating: “There is nothing the state of Florida can do unilaterally to solve global warming. And there is nothing we can do unilaterally to solve immigration.” Rep. Juan Zapata, R-Miami and Miami Rep. David Rivera, the son of Cuban exiles, usually ran anti-enforcement interference for Rubio in the Florida House.
But there were other legislative matters. Rubio pushed for free in-state tuition for illegal aliens on Florida taxpayers dime. He fought to allow a “self pay” (no insurance) for medical care without the hospital collecting a balance on the hospital billing; while prohibiting the hospital from pursuing civil remedies. This would serve illegal aliens by protecting them from detection. And he made an attempt to keep all “working papers” (such as dead bills) from seeing the light of day to the public.
Rubio’s Amnesty Scheme
Rubio’s shenanigans starts with the ‘deceptive messaging’ of ‘de facto’ amnesty. As Front Page Mag points out, there’s a big difference between not fully enforcing the law & legalizing a crime. Just as there is a difference between not arresting a drug dealer and legalizing heroin. A lack of proper enforcement is not ‘de facto’ amnesty. Amnesty is legalization.
Sadly, Rubio is PIMPING his ‘de facto Amnesty’ scheme on any TV and radio show he can including Univision and Telemundo. He will be featured in this TV ad running on Fox News now through May 9th as part of a $300,000 ad buy bought by The American Action Network, a group founded by former Sen. Norm Coleman and GOP donor and activist Fred Malek. Enough said.
And, this ad is from Mark Zuckerberg’s new “FWD.us” group; which draws scrutiny, even from Factcheck.org. Zuckerberg has a similar group making similar ads for a liberal audience. The advisory board of the shell “conservative” group includes Haley Barbour, former lobbyist for the government of Mexico, and several people linked to the ‘open border’ Bush family; Sally Bradshaw, former chief of staff to Jeb Bush; and Dan Senor and Joel Kaplan, former W. Bush advisers.
When it comes to illegal alien amnesty, Rubio spins like a North Eastern Liberal. This isn’t just an amnesty. It’s an INSTANT AMNESTY. The implications are scary if millions of foriegn invaders are pumped into the electorate. Rubio is complicit in actively assisting the Democrats in their biggest voter registration drive in history; 30 million illegal aliens is enough to create some 50 new congressional districts – primarily Democrat.
Rubio’s “messaging” is falsely advertised as a comprehensive reform to secure the border and strengthen the immigration laws before allowing legalization. This is blatant lie. And was Rubio lying in 2010 also? There were warnings. Seems Corrupted. Rubio is gift wrapping amnesty for Obama with the deliberate intent to deceive conservatives and Tea Partiers. After all, who else would throw a rally for Rubio in support of the bill at Rubio Headquaters? Yes, Barack Obama.
No Republican should use Obama’s malevolence as a baseline from which to craft public policy. Rubio is forcing Republicans to spend the next two decades arguing why poor Hispanic children shouldn’t have access to government benefits. Amnesty makes as much sense as rewarding a burglar with the stolen jewels. If you REWARD a criminal with his ill-gotten goods, expect more crime.
The much-ballyhooed “triggers” that Rubio is pushing don’t come into play until after illegal immigrants are given the ability to obtain legal status to live and work in the US. The bill is a lethal mix of legalistic trickery with on-off-switches that bureaucrats can flip at executive discretion. The bi-partisnan Center for Immigration Studies, goes as far as to say the penalties and enforcement provisions are ‘fake’.
In this video, Rubio pretends the states will enforce immigration laws. But on page 496, the bill explicitly preempts states from enforcing immigration laws. Rubio’s con game has no end. He says illegals will have to ‘get in line’. Guess what? The line is 19 years long. To clear it in ten years requires doubling the number of legal immigrants. And in Rubio’s scheme, the number of H1-B visas expand more than two-fold. Today, the US brings in 1.2 million ‘legal immigrants’ per year; more than rest of the world combined.
The language of the bill doesn’t come close to what Rubio says. Practically every Rubio claim is empty. The comprehensive effects from chain migration alone will bury the Republic. The bill establishes a New Americans Task Force charged with ensuring that federal programs “adequately address” the healthcare, education, and job training needs of new immigrants (Sec. 2524).
Once illegals gain provisional legal status, which is immediately, they’ll qualify for in-state tuition rates at public colleges, a subsidy funded by taxpayers (Sec. 2245D(d)). And even worse for fiscal conservatives, virtually all funding is classified “emergency” under the Statutory ‘Pay As You Go Act’ of 2010. Government Spending on food stamps, Head Start, welfare, housing subsidies, Social Security, Medicaid, unemployment insurance and other benefits will expand, unlimited.
Rubio’s scheme would add an additional 33 million permanent workers via amnesty and future immigration in the first decade alone. Thirty three million is the equivalent of the top 20 most populated cities in the US. And, Sen. Sessions has uncovered a slick loophole that provides illegal aliens with guaranteed access to all welfare and entitlement programs. Oh, and Rubio’s scheme calls for: a national biometric database on all adult Americans. All this is what the media is not telling you.
And don’t expect to hear the truth from Fox News channel either. Senator’s McCain, Rubio and Graham had discussions with “top hosts” at Fox, including Bill O’Reilly, Sean Hannity and Neil Cavuto, to get them “relatively sympathetic to the Gang’s proposed bill.” The New Yorker quotes McCain as saying that News Corp CEO Rupert Murdoch and Fox News chairman Roger Ailes are big advocates of immigration reform. So now you know.
But, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. And Rubio has shown none. Zero. Meanwhile, fake conservative Tea Party Groups in Tampa and West Orlando, Florida are sprouting up in support of Rubio-Schumer’s plan. And, silence is consent for all other Tea Party groups. But, Rubio’s deceit marches on, now promoting a ‘fake’ 2X border fencing security amendment. Note to Marco. Your fake amendment is already law, mandated seven  years ago, in The Secure Fence Act of 2006.
Marco Rubio did what Ted Kennedy tried to do for three decades in the Senate, but failed: pass Amnesty. Let that sink in. And, if all this was not enough, after S.744, the Senate’s Gang of 8 immigration deal passed, Marco Rubio reaped a $3 Million windfall from Mega Donors into his coffers, clearly rewarding Rubio’s efforts and achievement. Almost immediately upon the Senate bill passing, Rubio pivoted, and embarked on a ‘misdirecting’ crusade sponsoring legislation to prohibit abortions after the 20th week of pregnancy.
Who possibly could trust this man. Rubio sold-out voters. He repeatedly lied. He worked with Obama’s White House with daily and weekly conference calls. In his grand scheme, Rubio presented himself as having conservative values, but immigration reform is not a single issue. He happily received his thirty pieces of silver. Rubio is a fraud. A man not to be trusted. Morally vacant. Sold to the highest bidder.
With betrayal to those who got him to the Senate, what is his going price for betraying his country in 2016? Now, tell us how we can ever take Marco Rubio at his word on ANYTHING again. Politicians like Marco Rubio are exactly why conservatives can’t take anything Republicans say at face value. If you don’t have a problem with what you just read, you’re part of the problem.
Rubio’s Amnesty scheme: [S. 744]
- June’s CBO report: Senate S.744 bill allows 46 million immigrants by 2033. CBO.
- illegal Aliens won’t have to pay back taxes to the US (page 68).
- will COST Taxpayers $6.3 Trillion, just for amnesty; via Heritage. [Note]
- contrary to Rubio’s rhetoric, his no-welfare claim doesn’t hold up to scrutiny.
- allows illegal aliens to access state & local welfare benefits immediately.
- calls for a national biometric database on all adult Americans.
- may require every American to obtain a National ID card to work legally in the U.S.
- grants amnesty to illegal’s simply after few security “triggers”; submit a ‘PLAN’ only.
- same chain migration provisions extended to family outside US at DHS discretion.
- DREAM fast-track amnesty with NO age cap allows citizenship in five years.
- makes legal immigrants eligible for subsidized Obamacare upon arrival. Costly.
- over 400 waivers, exceptions, and exclusions. Enormous power grab by DHS.
- gives DHS Sec. virtually unlimited discretion to waive any manner of crimes.
- grants amnesty to criminals and gang members. Easier for criminal ‘catch & release’.
- guts state laws that prohibit employment of illegal aliens. Anti-Arizona crowd; Rubio.
- contains $150 million SLUSH FUND for kickbacks to groups who wrote; promoted bill.
- does not require Amnestied illegal aliens to learn English; Or even ‘de facto’ English.
- on page 496, the bill explicitly ‘preempts’ states from enforcing immigration laws.
- opens door for class action lawsuits; judges appoint taxpayer-funded council (p. 567).
- H1-B visas prioritized, expanded. Emphasis importing non-skilled, cheaper labor.
- requires taxpayers to foot the bill for illegals to fight deportation.
- provides protection for illegal identity thieves, but no restitution for victims.
- amnestied aliens who stole American identities given new SS # and clean slate.
- allows aliens, lobbies to sue US government for amnesty (page 75). Lawyer prize.
- employers who aided fraud by accepting bogus ID’s, SS #’s won’t face penalty.
- Rubio’s proclaimed Border Commission is only glorified DHS advisory committee.
- E-verify & watered-down visa tracking system are not implemented for TEN years.
- replaces E-verify with unspecified verification system not available for years (p. 503)
- allows aliens who have been deported to return and get legalization (pages 61-66).
- deportations are suspended for everyone here; bill invites deported to come back.
- provisions in bill show that 66% of Southern border will be unprotected.
- requires only 3 of 9 southern border sectors to have 90% apprehension rate.
- no fence. The plan only calls for DHS or Napolitano to “establish fence strategy”.
- no biometric exit-entry system as currently required by law. Watered-down provisions.
- ostensibly halts all deportations for 2.5 yrs. Subject to sole discretion of DHS.
- easy pathway to get asylum. Eliminates 1-year window for asylum (page 551).
- grants tremendous political power to the Mexican gov’t, Left groups and La Razza.
- “community organizers” educate immigrants on citizenship & American principles.
- gives secretary of DHS the sole power to certify whether the borders are secure.
- puts drastic limitations on “profiling” on employer side and law enforcement side.
- no DHS requirement to interview applicants for legalization (pg 105). Rubber-stamp.
- no gov’t documents or background checks required to identify new immigrants.
- every form of enforcement promised was promised in 1986, 1990, 1996 immigration acts.
- prohibits border officers apprehending alien who “appear eligible” for legalization (69-70).
- prohibits alien deportation until after appeals are exhausted years into future (page 73).
- discourages DHS from deporting aliens even if denied legalization. (Sec. 245B-3-A)
- requires immigration officers help aliens apply; advertise the legalization program (page 93).
- makes application’s secret and states it can never be used by DHS for deportation (page 118).
- border agents put under thumb of DOJ; Office of Civil Rights (Sec. 1111,1112, 1113).
- adds addt’l 33M permanent workers via amnesty, future immigration in 10 yrs. Graph.
- special-interest provisions, favors connected agribiz special interests, not small farms.
- families of illegals (elderly parents) now living outside US, eligible for fed benefits in 10 yrs.
- eligible for legalization even if found by court a phony asylum application filed (page 66).
- future or Flashback: Democrats Force U.S. TaxPayers to Fund Illegal Alien Welfare.
- video will enlighten anyone regarding the unethical conduct of immigration attorneys.
- detailed summary of flawed provisions in the Rubio-Schumer bill.
- seven  reasons not to swallow Marco Rubio’s immigration snake oil.
- read the fine print in the Immigration Bill. Summary.
- read five myths about the Senate Amnestied Immigration Bill.
- list of rejected amendments that would have improved S.744.
- top 40 reasons to oppose the Gang of Eight amnesty bill – S. 744
As PJ Media points out, the bill is a cocktail of lawlessness, executive discretion, and legalistic trickery crafted by the organized, open-borders left. The bill and Rubio provides tough talking points – border security, background checks, and more. But hidden next to those talking points are off-switches that bureaucrats can flip to satisfy the leftist open-borders constituencies who wrote the bill.
The bill has no guarantee of enforcement. Why do we need a new immigration bill when we don’t enforce existing one? The Rubio scheme is a national security risk. The bill makes America less safe, not more. Just listen to this ICE agent in Senate testimony. Imagine, a bill that legalizes 30 million illegal aliens, and only 0.01% were terrorists, would be 3,000 terrorists. The U.S. immigration system has failed to protect Americans. And, Rubio’s amnesty scheme serves as a magnet for more illegal aliens and foreign invaders because enforcement provisions are ‘fake’.
Americans are generous and welcoming, as we should be. Citizens favor legal immigration. Yet, those hardest hit by Rubio’s amnesty scheme will continue to be those who want to be admitted legally – as well as the US taxpayers. Proponents of Amnesty want to create the false choice between a blanket amnesty and mass deportation. Don’t buy it. Attrition through enforcement works. We have empirical data from Georgia, Oklahoma, Alabama, and Arizona proving as such.
Finally, to learn more on why Rubio and his amnesty scheme are wrong, go here. Or, here. Or, here. An infographic from Heritage that explains major problems with a “comprehensive” approach to immigration reform is here. Read the entire bill here. The S.744 Immigration Reform framework is here. More lies here. Now that you have read this, it will be hard to watch Rubio’s con-tour during his media campaign circus. His betrayal started in 2010 as he ran for the Senate.
In the end, Obama is banking on the Gang of Eight Amnesty bill passing the Senate, going to the House, and failing in its existing form. From there, he will be in 100% campaign mode against the GOP House up to the 2014 mid-tem election. The whole bill simply smells Obamacare. They need to burn this 844-page of monstrosity. Get mad, folks. Rubio is a liar. And a poor one at that.